crontab sendmail issue

tim33

tim33 - Active member  
Hmm :-/ now it is working from crontab with -q option coded in script... Do perl scripts ever get cached?

williamconley

Most Senior Member
williamconley - Most Senior Member  
Hmm :-/ now it is working from crontab with -q option coded in script... Do perl scripts ever get cached?
nope. nor does crontab.

it's a pretty good way to tell you are progressing as a software engineer. you're absolutely positive you've lost your mind. you're half way there
8-)

tim33

tim33 - Active member  
Thanks William

Hahaha, I moved away from full time coding to telesales. I thought people might be easier than computers... The reality is that both will make you second guess your sanity some of the time...

I improved the deliverability of emails last night by using the ISP's smtp server and sending from an @isp address, maybe that helped... The weird thing is is that when the -q script is run from crontab if the email comes through there will be a delay of 5-20 mins whereas when I run the script from the CLI or from crontab with --quiet script change the email comes instantly...

I really don't like not understanding the issue totally but all is working well now so I'll probably leave it at that.

williamconley

Most Senior Member
williamconley - Most Senior Member  
look at the raw emails when they come in using both methods. diff them to see if there is any tiny technical difference. if there is no difference, then the delay is likely your imagination.

close button