How to setup manual outbound call?

Yashm3120

Vicidial: 7.0.2
ViciBox_v.7.x86_64-7.0.2.iso
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3466
DB Schema: 1636
Build: 210624-1243

This is my first post here, so If I miss or do any mistakes please correct me. I am open to suggestions.

So let's come to the question.
I have some experience in Asterisk where I worked with majorly AGI script development.
Vicidial new to me so it bit complex than Asterisk because here We have GUI and more options.

I have one task where I have to set up one campaign, one agent, one phone which is registered with Zoiper softphone and outbound call functionality.

I found some good tutorial, a web page which helps me to create a campaign, agent and phone. But I ain't familiar with campaign and agent.

To-Do Task,
I have to create one outbound calling setup, where one agent login via the agent page, dial/enter the phone number to call (that number/extension is registered with any softphone) and make a call. When softphone ring and accept the call, the agent and softphone user can communicate.

Also, I have some work with routing extension in a later task, but for now this task I think the 8368 extensions will be good. So I assume when agent call and softphone answer I can see 8368 extensions in asterisk cli.

Please note, I installed vicidial in my VM, for now, this is my testing and development environment.

One more question, is it works with a manual dial from the agent page just we can do with two softphones.

carpenox

Most Senior Member
carpenox - Most Senior Member  
First of why are you using vicibox 7? You should upgrade to v10. Second, you made statements and no question?

Yashm3120

First of why are you using vicibox 7? You should upgrade to v10. Second, you made statements and no question?

Please check To-Do Task

Vicidial 7 because it's in requirement, I am adding and updating something in Existing Setup of VIcidial 7